Studio 2 and Naomi Craigs (a leading Perth photographer and all round babe) have joined forces to showcase 10 bodies of work from a range of talented and diverse tattoo artists around Perth and beyond. Some of the artists featured on the night include:
– KALUN MILES https://instagram.com/kalunmilestattoo
– SHANE WILCOX https://instagram.com/shanewilcox_tattoo/
– TIMMY HOWE https://instagram.com/timmyhowetattoo
– COURTNEY DUNNE https://instagram.com/courtneydunne_tattoo
– CARLIN DACHEFF https://instagram.com/dachtattoos
– EMMA JACKSON https://instagram.com/emma__le
– MITCH SYDORUK https://instagram.com/cobrasnak3
– AARON J https://instagram.com/pee_em_aye
– DEVON LEE https://instagram.com/devonlee_tattoo/
– TUKOI OYA https://instagram.com/tukoi_tattoo
The event will have the artists selling original artwork and prints as well as a bar featuring Little Creatures and Hippocampus (small batch vodka distillery)churning out $5 drinks all night. The night will also feature food by Lil Tortilla Boi and if that isn’t enough to peak your interest, you can get your hair cut on site by Uncle Joe’s pop-up barbershop.
I was lucky enough to catch up with co creatrix Naomi Craigs for a little one on one regarding this fantastic event. Here is how it all went down:
MM: What is “Permanence” all about and what inspired you to put this exhibition on?
N: Everyone that Studio 2 and I have told about this event is really excited for it. A tattoo artist said to me after explaining to him what we were doing that it was very ‘Melbourne’. Although Perth wants to be recognised as our own, I understood what he meant. It’s bringing attention to the ‘art’ side of the tattoo industry. A lot of people in the tattoo industry here in Perth are already asking to reserve a spot for the next one!
MM: How did the showcased artists get involved with this project?
N: I was actually in charge of sending out artist invites for the event. We worked on a very short time schedule for this event but we really had to narrow it down, as we had a few fighting for a spot. We involved apprentices as well as established artists, so people can also see where the Perth tattoo industry will hopefully lead in the future, and it gives apprentices a chance to get their work out there a little more.
MM: What can attendees expect at “Permanence”?
the artists involved?