Fresh off the plane from chilly Melbourne, all i could think of was rugging up in my teddy bear onesie with a big bowl of soup and marathoning Orange is the New Black.
So here I am at 8pm with said bowl of soup in my lap about to start season 3. I have to say, if you’re looking for a good dose of vitamin A and C, this soup is perfect. Serve with a nice crusty toast covered in vegemite to balance the sweetness of the carrots and you have yourself a flavour explosion!
4 medium carrots diced and boiled
1.5 cups pulpy orange juice
1 can chickpeas
3 cups vegetable stock
1/2 onion sliced
4 cloves garlic crushed
5 tbsp butter or nuttelex
1) Melt the butter or nuttelex in the saucepan and then proceed to brown the onion and garlic in it.
2) Place the boiled carrots into the pan and stir till evenly coated in butter/nuttelex
3) Empty the can of chickpeas including the water into the saucepan and allow to simmer but do not bring to boil
4) Add in the orange juice and stir
5) Add the stock and some rosemary
6) Allow to simmer on low-medium heat for 10 minutes
7) Wait for soup to cool down and blend with stick mixer till smooth
Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and some rosemary